Thursday, March 20, 2008

I let my run sit in the milk for too long...

You know when you just pour yourself a nice bowl of cereal and then one of the kids needs something RIGHT NOW, so you leave it sitting while you tend to the child's every whim, and when you finally get back to your cereal 10 or 15 minutes later, it's turned into a bowl of soupy, soggy mush? Yeah, that was my run today.

Last night on the weather forecast they were saying it was going to start raining about midnight and continue to about noon... and my 6-miler was scheduled for 5:30 a.m. So imagine my surprise when I wake up at 5:10 and it's NOT raining. After consulting weather.com and checking out the local radar picture, I decided it's better to be safe than sorry, so I grabbed the rain jacket and the long pants and proceeded down the street to meet my running buddy. Still not raining as we head out... 1/2 a mile later, the floodgates opened. I was really really glad that I had my rain jacket.

We turned in 6 soggy miles in 1:01:48, or a 10:18 pace. We even through in a couple strides so it would count for speedwork. All in all, it was a pretty great run, despite the conditions!

No comments: