Friday, April 11, 2008

Updates

I did a 4 mile tempo run yesterday at 10:07 avg pace on the treadmill. I figured I'd gotten my speedwork in for the week, but then I read something in Runners World that reminded me that it's been a long, long time since I'd done any intervals. Long as in probably 2 months. This coincides with how long it's been since I've had any meaningful weight loss... Hmmm... So today I decided I'd jump on the treadmill for 2 short miles with some intervals thrown in. Now, these are in mph, not pace, so I'm not sure exactly how they translate but I did it thusly:

2 laps warm up (a lap is 1/4 mile)
1 lap at 6.6 mph (about a 9:05 mpm pace, I think)
1 lap rest at 5.7 (10:31 mpm)
1 lap at 6.7 mph (8:57)
1 lap rest at 5.7 (10:31)
1 lap at 6.8 mph (8:49)

Total: 2 miles in 19:56. A speedy average pace for me, as well; about 9:58 per. I felt so good afterwards, like I'd really done something. Awesome run, even if it was just 2 miles. :)

1 comment:

MissAllycat said...

Nice run! I love those "I just totally rocked it" runs. :)