Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Ugh.

Okay, I know every runner has them, and they're usually self-inflicted, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Today wasn't a good run day. In fact, it pretty much sucked. Woke up to do some miles on the treadmill before work as I have a lunch appointment today... and couldn't do it. I mean, yeah, I did it. I got in 2.5 painful miles at a 10:30 pace. My shins hurt. My calves hurt. Pretty much everything below the knees hurt. I guess 2 speedwork sessions and a 20-mile long run in the space of 5 days probably isn't the best thing for the legs... especially when the speedwork sessions (and today's run) were done in shoes with 350+ miles on them. Who knew.

Oh yeah, I did. Duh.

2 comments:

MissAllycat said...

Now onto the best part - buying new running shoes!!!

Jess said...

Ouch my shins hurt for you! Time for some new shoes it seems!