Tuesday, September 16, 2008

2-a-days

No, I'm not in the final weeks before football season or anything like that, but I am wanting to drop some more poundage (yeah, I know, I know ... lay off the cookies. I get it), so I decided that I'm going to have to double up the workouts.

Eventually I want to swim, but that's a topic for another day. So right now, my workout options are running, biking, and strength training in our corporate "wellness center." Obviously, the running and biking can happen anywhere, not just in the wellness center... yeah, you got that. Okay.

So this morning I did end up dragging my sorry rear out of bed at an early hour, and got dressed, then I spent far too much time looking for my Garmin (which I found later -- stay tuned). Giving up on that, I realized I didn't have time for a 5-miler, so I set out on an abbreviated course for a run and ended up with 3.35 miles (thank you mapmyrun.com!) in just over 34 minutes for a 10:19 pace! Not bad for an early morning run. I was really feeling good and felt like I was moving pretty well, and I was!

Then I got home, showered, and got ready for work. When that was all accomplished, I grabbed the skinny tires out of the storage room and there, lying in my helmet with my bike gloves was the aforementioned Garmin. Well, at least I'd have it for my bike ride! I put the bike on the back of the car and off I went to work. At lunch, which just ended, I got in a great 12 mile ride with a couple miles of climbing, just for good measure.

So now I've done it. I've opened up the 2-a-day can of worms. Who knows where this may lead.

No comments: