Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Back in the Saddle

So to speak... I hopped on the treadmill yesterday for a 3 miler. It went well, but I was getting bored so I decided to throw in some hills (up to 2%, I'm not crazy), and after running up for a little, I decided to run up faster, so I did some half mile hill repeats at tempo pace. Kind of a silly thing to do for the first run back after a marathon, but I felt pretty good.

Now my right quadriceps is giving me a little grief. Just a small little spot, right on top of my leg when I'm sitting down. I'll go for a relatively easy 4 miler today and see how it goes. I may just do the City Creek loop because it's supposed to be a perfect day outside. Hopefully my quad behaves.

Saturday I'm going for the first run in our new neighborhood. The plan is a 10-miler, just to get the long-run legs back under me.

And there's more slammin' news, but I have to verify it first. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Nice job getting out there again after the race!