Monday, June 22, 2009

Too much, too soon?

The previously-mentioned 45 mile week turned out to maybe have been too much. Last week I struggled to get in 8 miles, in two 4-mile runs. My legs were hurting pretty good around the shins/ankles. So instead I biked twice, did weights one day, and took Saturday pretty much "off" (walked around downtown with the family, no real "exercise", per se).

Today I went out for a 5-miler at lunchtime, with 15 push-ups thrown in approximately every mile. Yes, that's 75 push-ups total. I hear it's good to mix it up a little like that. More about my forays into "extreme fitness" in the future, once I get it figured out a little. In the meantime, I'll be throwing in a little cross-training into each run. I think. The legs were still a little tender today where they were really hurting last week. I'll bike tomorrow (and maybe some weights?), and see how they feel on a run on Wednesday. Stay tuned.

No comments: