Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Another killer workout

I've been looking into trying some combination exercises and supersets with my weight lifting (when I do it) to add to my overall fitness, especially upper-body fitness that is largely neglected when one focuses on running (and to a lesser extent, biking and even swimming). So today, I mixed up my 3-2-1 workout today like so:

  • 1 mile run with intervals (2 min warmup, then 1 min fast, 1 min recovery, etc.) - 9:30
  • 3 sets of: push ups with one-arm rows, sit-ups with tricep extensions, DB deadlift to shoulder press, and DB front raise
  • another 1 mile run with intervals, but with only 1 min warm up - 8:59
  • 3 sets of: hammer curls, lateral raise, concentration curls, triceps kickbacks
  • another 1 mile run with intervals, 1 min warm up - 8:41
This was a nice butt-kicker that will (hopefully?) leave me nice and sore tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

I'm gonna give this a try one of these days!